Feb 17, 2013

Writing To Me is....

This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda



As I have said innumerable times, the very reason why I started writing is because a friend of mine was terribly frustrated with my constant banter and wanted me to shut my mouth somehow.So he suggested , why don't you pen down your thoughts when you have so much to talk about.That would be soothing for our ears too. And that's when I wondered why don't I take up to writing. And that's how my blog was born. I then took to writing on a serious note. I had tried writing once before this and I had failed miserably. Not because my number of followers were less; it was just that I wasn't addicted to it as I am now.
In the initial days of zindagiunlimited(my blog)I would write anything that would cross my mind. Had a fight with boss write it down, had a fight with a friend write it down. As the blog grew gradually and took its baby steps, you would notice that my posts became more sensible. Naive and a fresher in the writing field my posts scream out  lack of finesse. Opinions kept flowing in, my posts started improving, the readers increased, it gave boost to my confidence. I may not be a great writer but my blog ,my writings remind me or rather inspire me that someday your hard work would be rewarded. So keep working hard.
I always wanted to be a doctor but I turned out to be an engineer which I never wanted to be. Life has its own plans.Apart from the failed ambition of being a doctor ,I always nursed a dream of being a writer, a journo.I didn't know how to start , where to start. Studies took over most of my time till the time I became an engineer and got myself placed into a reputed firm. Writing took a front seat just two years back. Writing has taught me that no matter what your age is, you are never too old to pursue your dreams and ambitions.
Writing for me is like meditation.It gives me so much relief.I just forget the world when am writing andIwish the world forgets me too during the time whenIsit down to write. I shut myself in a room and stay away from everyone for a hour or so till the time am not done with my post. So much focus, so much positive energy and so much concentration goes into every single post.i feel enlightened. Writing has taught me that you dont have to sit and meditate to get inner peace.Your passions give you inner peace if used wisely. Just do what you like. Follow your passion till you reach the grave and you would be happy all your life. Had a frustrating day? you like dancing. Dance for a hour and you wouldn't even realise where all your frustrations have vanished.
I write what I feel like. I don't care how many read , what people feel like. I give a damn about what people think of my writing, how much they loathe reading my posts. One thing i know is I write for myself. And I don't post or write on anything that doesn't touch my heart. My heart is my biggest critic. Unless and until i feel that i have written to my heart's content I don't post it. My friends say there is a genuineness and a honesty in my work and that they can connect to it.I feel glad when people say that and i think that's the best compliment ever.
 In short at times as it is said music is the best way to ignore the rest of the world..i would want to rephrase it as writing is the best way to ignore the rest of the world!!!
Writing to me is just that!!

3 comments:

  1. More than the post, I would like to commend the fact that you took up writing seriously. All the success that has followed has not surprised me in the least. There are many reasons for that, the most usual ones being the fact that you are a good writer, you read a lot, you possess a good vocabulary etc. etc. But the most imp reason would always be that you are never bothered by what people will think. That would always help you to write freely . And more the freedom you write with, more compelling your articles become to read.
    Wishing you all the good luck and brickbats too. (An extra ordinary number of verbal lashes is a sign that your blog is a success :D )

    Happy writing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More than the post, I would like to commend the fact that you took up writing seriously. All the success that has followed has not surprised me in the least. There are many reasons for that, the most usual ones being the fact that you are a good writer, you read a lot, you possess a good vocabulary etc. etc. But the most imp reason would always be that you are never bothered by what people will think. That would always help you to write freely . And more the freedom you write with, more compelling your articles become to read.
    Wishing you all the good luck and brickbats too. (An extra ordinary number of verbal lashes is a sign that your blog is a success :D )

    Happy writing!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks vinit nair... u make me happy with this comment of yours... :):)

      Delete

Leave Your Thoughts Here!! It Would be Published After Moderation :)

You may enjoy reading !!!